T.I.S.I. urban environment analysis
The urban environment analysis is a key point that provides base and guidance for future decisions in the process of developing a prototype of a new urban planning model in T.I.S.I. project. Our team examines how the scale of “Vasil Levski” blvd affects the connectivity of the neighborhoods along its both sides. We explored the adjacent terrain between the boulevards “Tsar Osvoboditel”, “Slivnitsa” and “Vladislav Varnenchik”, and in particular the “Кonfu” neighborhood. The analysis was done via classic urban approaches complemented by design methods and sociological research. Тhe solutions, we came to, were tested using innovative artistic tools.
The conclusions were summarized briefly in several key aspects:
- the newly built section of the boulevard cuts through the urban environment and creates a new reality for the adjacent neighborhoods;
- lack of consideration of the human scale on many levels;
- the pedestrian conditions are compromised;
- there are no open spaces for social life and communication;
- the green areas within the gullies can be improved to provide a park environment for recreation and better connectivity between neighborhoods;
- the lack of park spaces in the adjacent neighborhoods leads to the use of the built pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure of “Vasil Levski” blvd as a main place for walking.